Helping our members during COVID-19
As we continue to adapt to the COVID-19 situation, we want to assure you that we’re here to help the education community. We’re ready to help with your financial needs including working through hardships. With the safety of our members and employees in mind, we’ve made the difficult decision to limit branch transactions to only those which cannot be completed by phone or ATM. This decision was not taken lightly, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Prior to visiting a branch, please call the Contact Center at 301.779.8500 to see if we can help you over the phone.
Contact Center Hours
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
Friday: 8:30 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Helping members with transactions
The Credit Union remains open and ready to serve your financial needs during our normal business hours.
Many requests can be completed through our Contact Center including:
- Opening an account
- Applying for a loan
- Ordering a debit card
- Transferring money between Credit Union accounts
- Scheduling payments to and/or from another financial institution
- Enrolling in Online Banking
- Sending a domestic wire (must have a Wire Transfer Agreement on file)
At our ATMs, you can make cash withdrawals up to $500, deposit checks, deposit cash, get account balances and transfer money. If you need a debit card, call the Contact Center and we will have one mailed to you. In addition, you can also get cash at the grocery store checkout using your debit card without incurring a fee by selecting the debit option. If you don't need cash, select credit. Members also have access to over 28,000 surcharge-free CULIANCE "CU Here" ATMs
across the nation.
You can manage your Credit Union accounts anytime using Online Banking. All you need is a User ID
, which can be set up by following our Step-by-Step Guide
. We also have helpful Online Banking FAQs
. Once you’re enrolled, you can download our Mobile Banking app
and deposit checks up to $5,000 remotely using Mobile Deposit
With Online Banking, you’ll have access to the following:
- View account balances
- Make transfers
- Update your contact information
- Pay bills with Bill Pay
- Sign up for eStatements
Visits to the branches are being limited to process only those transactions which cannot be completed through the options listed above. Members will not be permitted to enter the branch to deposit checks, or withdraw cash in amounts less than $500 because these transactions can be completed at the ATM. Additionally, we will be limiting the number of members that are in our branches at any one time to ensure we are following social distancing guidelines. If you have an urgent transaction that cannot be completed at the ATM or by phone and need to come to one of our branches, you may be asked to wait outside instead of in our lobby while we ensure we can comply with social distancing. If you need a special accommodation because of health risk factors, please let us know and we will work to accommodate you.
Helping members with a hardship
If you are experiencing a financial hardship, we’re here to help.
- Are you having trouble making a payment on a Credit Union loan?
Depending on your situation, we may be able to extend your loan or defer a payment.
- Are you having challenges covering living expenses?
You may be eligible for a Personal Loan to help you get through the financial hardship caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Are you having trouble with a loan payment with another financial institution?
We may be able to refinance your auto loan and reduce the amount of your monthly payment.
Let us know how you’ve been impacted and we will work with you to find a solution. Please email us at [email protected]
with your name, phone number, best time to contact you and a description of your hardship. One of our representatives will contact you within two business days to discuss possible solutions.
We also have a partnership with BalanceSM
Financial Fitness, which offers additional resources to help members through financial hardships. These include online videos, podcasts, calculators and newsletters to help you create a budget and get your finances on the right path. Learn more
Helping everyone stay healthy
The health and safety of our members and employees is very important to us. We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation to ensure we're following the most up-to-date recommendations. We have taken the following preventative measures:
- We regularly clean commonly touched surfaces with sanitizing wipes throughout the branches and back office areas.
- Hand sanitizer is available in the branches and back office areas.
- We are continuously educating employees on the latest Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations to prevent illness.
- Rubber gloves are available for employees handling cash.
- Employees who exhibit flu-like symptoms or had direct exposure to the Coronavirus will be sent home as a precaution.
- We restricted movement between our 13 branches and four operations centers.
- We segregated critical tasks to remote locations to ensure redundancy.
- We have a dispersed workforce which continues to help us ensure redundancy and minimize service interruptions.