Mortgages to help the education community
Whether you’re upgrading, downsizing, looking for your first home or want to refinance, our mortgage specialists are here to help you find the loan that's right for you. We understand the education community, which is why we make it easier for you with the following:
- Financing with as little as 3% down payment1
- Closing in 30 days or less
- Pre-approvals that are good for 60 days
- We service your mortgage in-house so we are here to answer your questions
- New: 15/15 Adjustable Rate Mortgage: This product offers a lower initial rate with the security of only one rate adjustment after 15 years. This gives borrowers the opportunity to qualify for a larger loan with the same payment amount or potentially pay less over the life of the loan.2 We also offer other Adjustable Rate Mortgage options.
- Fixed Rate: This is a fixed rate loan so the monthly mortgage payment is always the same.
- Jumbo Loan: Offered for loans up to $1,000,000 for qualified borrowers. Talk with a Mortgage Loan Specialist at 301.779.8500, ext. 4045.
Visit our Mortgage Center for more information about our mortgage options, to view rates, apply for a loan and access some helpful tools:
- Rate Watch: Want to know when rates change? Rate Watch lets you set up rate thresholds and receive email alerts when those levels are met. You can also receive daily, weekly or monthly rate alerts.
- Personalized quotes: Receive a quote for your unique mortgage needs and get estimates on your closing costs.
- Interactive calculators: The calculators simulate various financial scenarios to help you assess your options.
Here to help
We're ready to help you get the mortgage financing you need and connect you with a real estate agent through the HomeAdvantage™ program. This is a great resource to search, buy, sell and earn a rebate on your next home purchase. Apply online or call 301.779.8500 ext. 4045 to speak with a Mortgage Loan Specialist.
1 Loans subject to credit qualifications and approval. All applicants must meet membership eligibility requirements. Financing is available with 3% down of your home’s appraised value. Expected monthly principal and interest payment for a 30-year fixed conventional mortgage of $291,000 at an interest rate of 4.125% with zero points (which is an equivalent APR of 4.530%) and a payment of $1,410.33. Total payment is $507,719.21. APR as low as 4.530% for a 30-year fixed conventional mortgage. Rates are subject to change without notice.
2 The expected monthly principal and interest payment for a 15/15 adjustable rate mortgage of $300,000 at an initial interest rate of 3.125% with zero points (3.407% APR) is $1,285.13. Total estimated payments of $481,131.17 (30 year repayment). Payment does not include taxes or insurance, actual payment may be higher. Rate is variable and can increase by no more than four percentage points every 15 years, never to exceed four percentage points above the initial rate (7.125% for this example). When the rate adjusts, your new rate will be the then current index (Weekly One Year Constant Maturity Treasury, or CMT) plus a margin of 2.750%, as long as the total adjustment does not exceed the 4.00% adjustment cap. The interest rates, annual percentage rates (APRs), discount points and rebates shown are subject to change without notice. Subject to credit qualifications and approval.