Mortgages to help the education community
Whether you’re upgrading, downsizing, looking for your first home or want to refinance, our mortgage specialists are here to help you find the loan that's right for you. We understand the education community, which is why we make it easier for you with the following:
- Financing up to 97% of your home’s appraised value*
- Closing in 30 days or less
- Pre-approvals that are good for 60 days
- Lifetime loan servicing
With lifetime servicing, we'll always be here to answer your questions and service your loan from the time of application to your last payment.
First mortgage options
We offer three types of first mortgages to meet your needs.
- Conventional: This is a fixed rate loan so the monthly mortgage payment is always the same.
- Adjustable Rate Mortgage (ARM): You'll get a lower initial rate than most fixed rate loans. After a stated period, the interest rate is subject to periodic changes.
- Jumbo Loan: Offered for loans up to $1,000,000 for qualified borrowers. Talk with a Mortgage Loan Specialist at 301.779.8500, ext. 4045.
Visit our Mortgage Center for more information about our mortgage options, to view rates, apply for a loan and access some helpful tools:
- Rate Watch: Want to know when rates change? Rate Watch lets you set up rate thresholds and receive email alerts when those levels are met. You can also receive daily, weekly or monthly rate alerts.
- Personalized quotes: Receive a quote for your unique mortgage needs and get estimates on your closing costs.
- Interactive calculators: The calculators simulate various financial scenarios to help you assess your options.
Here to help
We're ready to help you get the mortgage financing you need and connect you with a real estate agent through the HomeAdvantage™ program. This is a great resource to search, buy, sell and earn a rebate on your next home purchase. Apply online or call 301.779.8500 ext. 4045 to speak with a Mortgage Loan Specialist.
* Loans subject to credit qualifications and approval. All applicants must meet membership eligibility requirements. Expected monthly principal and interest payment for a 30-year fixed conventional mortgage of $200,000 at an interest rate of 3.75% (which is an equivalent APR of 4.159%) and a payment of $926.23. Total payment is $333,443.53. APRs as low as 4.159% for a 30-year fixed conventional mortgage. Rates subject to change without notice.