Skip to Main Content Skip to Sitemap
Site header search assets
dismiss X icon
CARCO FCU FAQs category tag image


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Here are the answers to some frequently asked questions (FAQs) to help you transition to Educational Systems Federal Credit Union. If your question is not on the list, please email [email protected] for a personal response. We will continue to update this list as questions are submitted. The following information is applicable starting in October.

Contact the Credit Union

Q: Can I still call the office in Denton?
A: Yes, you can call the Denton Office for assistance with your account during their business hours at 410.479.5200. However, you can also call our Contact Center at 301.779.8500 or 800.356.6660 during the following business hours:
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
Friday: 8:30 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm

Q: What are the hours of the Denton Office?
The Denton Office hours are Tuesday through Friday from 3:00 to 5:00 pm.

Q: What email address can I use to send questions?
You can send emails to [email protected]. Please note that emails are not secure. Therefore, account numbers and personal information should not be included in your email.

Q: What address should I use to mail deposits, loan payments or for correspondence?
Send all mail correspondence to:

Educational Systems FCU
PO Box 179
Greenbelt, MD 20768-0179

Q: What is the routing number of Educational Systems FCU?
Our routing number is 255077008. It’s used to set up direct deposit, automatic debits, wires and to order checks.

Account Information

Q: I lost my welcome letter with my new Educational Systems FCU account number. How can I get my new account number?
You can visit the Denton Office or call our Contact Center at 301.779.8500 or 800.356.6660 to request your account number to be mailed to the address on file. Please note that account numbers are not provided over the phone.

Q: What do I need to open a checking account?
To open a checking account you need a government issued photo identification such as a driver’s license. Learn more about our Checking accounts.

Q: How do I set up Direct Deposit from Caroline County Public Schools?
Complete a Caroline County Public Schools Direct Deposit Form with your new account number and the routing number of Educational Systems FCU (255077008).
Direct Deposit Form: Permanent Employees

Direct Deposit Form: Occasional/Temporary/Substitutes

Q: I have multiple accounts with CARCO FCU but my welcome letter only includes one member number. Why do I only have one member number?
If you have multiple CARCO accounts under the same ownership, the accounts are considered one membership and have one member number. We can provide you with a unique suffix to identify each account and you can see all of these accounts in Online Banking and our Mobile Banking app.

Q: Is there a limit on the amount I can deposit to my account each month?
No, there is no limit on the amount that you can deposit to your account. The first $250,000 in your account is federally insured by NCUA, and an additional $250,000 of coverage is provided by Excess Share Insurance (ESI), a private corporation. Please note, there are no cash services available at the Denton Office. The closest Educational Systems FCU location with cash services is the Annapolis Branch. View a complete list of locations.

Q: Can I make a cash deposit or loan payment at the Denton Office?
No, there are no cash services available at the Denton Office. Deposits and loan payments must be made by check. The closest Educational Systems FCU location with cash services is the Annapolis Branch. View a complete list of locations.

Q: How can I get cash from my account?
The easiest way to get cash from your account is to open a checking account and get a Visa® debit card which can be used to get cash at over 28,000 surcharge-free ATMs. Local ATMs that are surcharge-free are located at Royal Farms.

Q: How can I make a withdrawal from my account by check?
There are several ways that you can make a check withdrawal from your account. In Online Banking, you can request to have a check mailed to your home address. You can open a checking account and write yourself a check. You can also visit the Denton Office and have a check issued to you.

Available Services

Q: What accounts can I open with the Credit Union?
We are a full service financial institution. We offer just about any type of account you might be interested in opening. For example: checking, savings, money market, certificates, Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA) and club accounts. Learn more.

Q: What certificate terms do you offer and what are your rates?
We offer certificates with a minimum balance of $500 for terms from three months to 60 months. We also offer higher rates for jumbo certificates with a minimum deposit of $100,000. View our rates and terms.

Q: What is your Premium Summer Pay account and how does it work?
Our Premium Summer Pay account helps educators save for summer expenses while earning 2.00% annual percentage yield. Deposits must be set up as an allocation from a school system payroll and disbursements are on the first and third Friday of July and August. If you need access to your money earlier, transfers can be made starting on July 1 through Online Banking, Mobile Banking, Audio Response Teller (ART) or by speaking to a Credit Union employee.

Q: What loans are available with the Credit Union?
A: You can apply for the following loans:
  • Auto Loan
  • Personal Loan
  • Visa® credit cards with an option to earn Reward points
  • Home Loans: First Mortgages, Second Mortgages and Home Equity Lines of Credit (HELOC)
  • Private Student Loans through Credit Union Student Choice

View our loans and credit card rates.

Q: What services are available at the Denton Office?
You can open a checking account and certificate, apply for an auto loan, personal loan or Visa® credit card, deposit a check, request a Cashier’s Check, wire funds to another financial institution and purchase a Visa® gift card. Cash services are not available at this location. You can get a Visa® debit card at the office to use at over 28,000 surcharge-free ATMs including ATMs at Royal Farms.

Digital Banking Services

Q: What is Online Banking?
By visiting, you can log in to your account to view account balances, transfer funds, make loan payments through Bill Pay, request a check to be mailed to you, set up eLerts to help monitor your account and more. Online Banking is the gateway to all Digital Banking services.

Q: How do I enroll in Online Banking?
Starting on October 2, you can enroll in Online Banking by following these steps:
  • Go to and click on “Login”
  • Select “Enroll in Online Banking” and accept the terms
  • Enter your new Educational Systems FCU account number that’s on your welcome letter and complete the fields for Social Security Number, birthday, zip code and email address.
  • Create a User ID with at least six and up to 13 alphanumeric characters. Do not use special characters, your account number or social security number.
  • Create a Password with at least eight characters, including three of the following: uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, or special characters including: ! # $ * [email protected] . - _ ’ ;
  • Set up your security features:
    • Select a Passphrase and Passmark Image that will appear automatically each time you log in.
    • Choose three Challenge Questions, and select if you’re using a personal or public computer. You'll need to answer a Challenge Question if you log in using a public computer.

For additional information, view the step-by-step guide.

Q: What are eStatements?
Instead of receiving a paper statement in the mail, we can help you save time and reduce paper with eStatements. When your statement is ready for review, we’ll send you an email notification to let you know it’s available in Online Banking. If you ever need a paper copy, you'll have access to an online library for the previous 48 months which you can print yourself.

Q: How do I enroll in eStatements?
Starting on October 2, follow these steps to enroll in eStatements:
  • Log in to Online Banking
  • Select the “Your Preferences” tab
  • Click “eStatement Selection” and follow the prompts

Q: What is Bill Pay?
With Bill Pay, you can pay anyone in the United States that you would normally pay by check, automatic debit or cash. This includes companies, friends, family members, and service providers such as the babysitter or the plumber. If the payee is not able to receive payments electronically, we'll mail a check for you automatically. All we need is the payee's name, address and phone number. You need a checking account to use Bill Pay.

Q: How do I use Bill Pay?
Log in to Online Banking, click the "Bill Payment" tab and select "Enrollment Options." Please note that you must enable “pop ups” in your browser settings to use Bill Pay. From there, follow the prompts to set up your payments. Once you've logged in to Bill Pay, there's a Help Center tab where you can find Frequently Asked Questions.

Q: What is the Mobile Banking App?
Through the Mobile Banking App, you can view account balances, make transfers, schedule payments through Bill Pay and deposit checks using a smartphone.

Q: How do I use the Mobile Banking App?
Starting on October 2, download the app by visiting the Apple® or Android® app store and search for "Educational Systems FCU." Then, log in using your Online Banking Username and Password.

Q: How do I deposit a check using the Mobile Banking App?
Log in to the Mobile Banking App. From the bottom menu, choose “Deposit” followed by “Deposit a check” and follow the prompts. Remember to endorse the check and include the words “For Mobile Deposit Only to ESFCU Account #xxxxxxx.”

Loan Information

Q: What will happen to my loan payments that are set up to automatically be paid from my savings account?
The loan payment will continue to be paid automatically.

Q: Where do I mail my loan payments?
Send payments to the following address:
Educational Systems FCU

PO Box 179
Greenbelt, MD 20768-0179

Q: Do I need to do anything if my bus loan is currently paid through a payment from Caroline County Public Schools?
Your bus loan will continue to be paid the way it was set up.

Q: What documentation is required by October 31, 2019 to show proof of my auto insurance? How do I provide this information?
Please provide the Credit Union with a copy of your insurance declaration page at the Denton Office or email it to [email protected].

Q: What do I do if I have a delinquent loan?
Call us at 301.779.8500 to schedule your next payment. If you’re having difficulty making your payments, let us know and we may be able to help.