Helping students achieve the dream of a college education
Dorothy Marvil Scholarship
For us, it’s an honor to support education and the schools within the counties we serve with an Educational Systems Federal Credit Union scholarship.
About the Dorothy Marvil Scholarship
The Dorothy Marvil Scholarship is given in memory of a beloved educator who was one of the founding members of our Credit Union. As a volunteer of the Credit Union, she served as our first Secretary on the Board of Directors. During her career in education, she enjoyed teaching students and helping them achieve their highest academic as well as artistic potential.
Eight, $3,000 Dorothy Marvil Scholarships will be awarded to graduating high school seniors, with one scholarship awarded to a graduating high school senior from a school in each of the seven counties we serve and one scholarship for a student outside of the counties we serve.*
Applicants must be a member of Educational Systems FCU
Minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA
Graduating high school senior
Under the age of 21
How to submit your application
To submit your application, email the items listed below to email@example.com
by March 14, 2018. In the email subject line, include Dorothy Marvil Scholarship. An application package that is incomplete or not emailed or postmarked on or before March 14, 2018 will not be considered. Educational Systems FCU employees, volunteers and their family members are not eligible to apply.
Application package must include
- Completed application (typed)
- Student name
- Student address
- Home and mobile phone numbers
- Credit Union membership
- Parent/Guardian name(s) (applies to applicants under the age of 18)
- Current school name and address
- Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA)
Answer the following essay question. Essay must be typed, Times New Roman, 12 pt, double spaced, with one inch margins. Essay must be between 250-500 words. Submit your essay in a PDF document without your name listed on the document.
The mission of Educational Systems Federal Credit Union is to grow by helping the members of the education community achieve their financial goals and dreams. Tell us about your financial goals and dreams beyond college graduation. How will your desired course of study contribute to your immediate or long-range career plans?
Applicants can also mail their application package postmarked no later than March 14, 2018 to:
Educational Systems Federal Credit Union
Attention: Dorothy Marvil Scholarship
The Brinkley Building
15901 Frederick Road
Rockville, MD 20855
The winning applicant's name and essay may be used by Educational Systems FCU for marketing purposes.
* One scholarship will be awarded to a graduating high school senior from a school in each of the seven counties we serve including: Anne Arundel, Calvert, Charles, Montgomery, Prince George's, St. Mary's and Talbot County. Plus, one scholarship will be designated for one member who is a graduating senior attending a high school outside of the seven counties previously mentioned. Exceptions for membership eligibility may apply for applicants from counties outside of the seven counties we serve.