Skip to Main Content Skip to Sitemap
Site header search assets
dismiss X icon

New Members


Q: How do I know if I am eligible to become a member?
A: Those eligible to join include: employees, students, as well as their parents and immediate family members of Anne Arundel, Calvert, Caroline, Charles, Montgomery, Prince George’s, St. Mary’s and Talbot County Public Schools, College of Southern Maryland, Montgomery College, Montgomery College Alumni Association, Prince George’s Community College (PGCC) and PGCC Alumni. Individuals who live or work in St. Mary’s County and their immediate family members may also join Educational Systems FCU.

If you work for a private or parochial school or organization that supports education, you may also be eligible to join. For additional information, please call 301.779.8500 or visit a branch.

Q: What do I need to do to become a member?
A: You can become a member at Educational Systems FCU by visiting a branch or mailing in a paper application to PO Box 179, Greenbelt, MD 20768-0179. You will need to provide a photo identification and verification of address. Visit our Become a Member page for more details.

Q: I need help completing my application, who do I contact?
A: Call or stop by a branch and we’ll walk you through the membership process.

Opening an account

Q: How do I open an account
A: You can open an account at Educational Systems FCU by visiting a branch or mailing in a paper application to PO Box 179, Greenbelt, MD 20768-0179. You will need to provide a photo identification and verification of address.

Q: What do I need to open an account?
A: The documents listed below are acceptable forms of photo identification and address verification as they clearly show your date of birth, address and/or tax ID number (TIN). Please note that photo identification of infants is not required for accounts opened on the child's behalf.

  • Driver's license

  • State identity card

  • Military identity card

  • Similar municipal state or federally issued identity card

  • Passport, alien ID card, or any other government issued document that provides evidence of nationality or residence and bears a photograph

Q: What if I don't have one or all of the documents listed above?
A: If you don't have one of the documents listed above, then you can provide a combination of the below documents to verify your identity and address:

  • Photo ID (school ID or club card such as Costco), and

  • Social Security card or similar proof of TIN, and

  • Copy of birth certificate, and

  • Utility deposit receipt, bill or report card showing your residential street address

Q: What do I need if I am mailing my application?
A: Here is what you will need if you are mailing in your application:

  • Download and complete your membership application.

  • Make a copy of your photo identification and verification of address.

  • Complete the Courtesy Pay Authorization form to let us know if you want overdraft coverage on your ATM and everyday debit card transactions.

  • Mail your application to:
    Educational Systems Federal Credit Union
    PO Box 179
    Greenbelt, MD 20768-0179

Ask us if you don't see the question you are looking for: