Skip to Main Content Skip to Sitemap
Site header search assets
dismiss X icon

Opening Accounts

Q: How do I open a new account?
A: To open your basic savings account, visit one of our offices or download a PDF of our membership application. Once completed, the application can be mailed to our Greenbelt location along with copies of requested identification documents. Interest is paid quarterly on funds deposited into this account and the only minimum balance required is the $5 membership deposit. By maintaining this minimum balance at all times in this account, you have access to the many products and services offered by Educational Systems Federal Credit Union.

Keep in mind that once you’re a member, you’re always a member, even if you leave your place of employment. Membership is based on your employer or family relationship at the time of Credit Union enrollment and maintaining the required minimum balance.

Q: How do I open a new certificate account?
A: Certificate accounts may be opened online, once you have an established membership account. Click here for more information about our certificate accounts.

Q: How do I order checks online?
A: Log on to Online Banking. Click Account Summary and then click on your checking account. Under the 'Detail Information' section, select 'order checks' and then follow the prompts.

Q: How do I change my Password?
A: Log into Online Banking. From the log in page, click to 'reset your password or enroll.' Then, follow the prompts.

Q: How do I stop payment on a check?
A: Stop payments may be requested during business hours by phone or in person. The fee for this service is outlined in our fee schedule. With eServices, stop payments can be done online for no charge.

Q: How do I pay my loan?
A: You may mail your loan payment, pay online by transferring funds from a checking/savings account (please note that you must be set up for Online Banking), or you may pay in person at any of our branch offices. In addition, you may set up a debit from another bank account or create a distribution from a direct deposit or payroll deduction.

Q: How do I report a fraud?
A: Click here for our Fraud Packet.

Q: How do I report a lost or stolen card?
A: Call 301.779.8500 immediately.

Q: How do I activate my card?
A: Call 888.323.6971.

Q: How do I change my address?
A: All address changes must be done in writing, signed by the account owner and received by one of our branch offices. This can also be done through Online Banking.

Ask us if you don't see the question you are looking for: